By purchasing the Workshop, you are agreeing to all of the following:
- Services Provided: Purchasing the Workshop entitles you to access to a single day online workshop held via videoconference. The Workshop is tentatively scheduled to run from 9am to 12pm pacific time on Saturday, November 11, 2023. The precise date and time is subject to change based upon various factors. You will receive advanced notice of the finalized date and time. You also get access to the New Year Legal Priorities Workshop along with recordings of the Tech & AI Legal Workshop.
- Payment Policy: You are agreeing to pay the amount shown on this checkout page via your chosen payment method. If you do not make the payment or if the payment is rejected by your financial institution, PES LLC may revoke your access to the Workshop and any associated materials. Please contact us if you are having any trouble making the payment.
- Your Responsibility/No Refunds: You understand that the Workshop involves a complex subject matter that may present unfamiliar and difficult concepts. In addition, if you want to get the most value out of the Workshop, you will need to put in time and effort: (a) preparing in advance; (b) attending and paying attention on the day of the Workshop; and (c) implementing what you learned at the Workshop. Any and all payment(s) you make are nonrefundable, even if the workshop must be rescheduled.
- Email List: You understand that you must confirm your subscription to the Workshop email list in order to receive emails that contain instructions on joining live, links to templates and outlines we may use, and any other information you may need for full participation in the Workshop.
- No Legal Services: The Workshop is not, and is not intended to be, legal services or advice. Likewise, the material we provide to you during the course of the Workshop -- including, but not limited to, presentation slides, worksheets, sample language, outlines, and live and recorded content -- (collectively, "the Workshop Material") is not, and is not intended to be, legal services or advice. Rather, the Workshop and Workshop Material are intended to be educational in nature, and the instructor will take steps to ensure the educational nature of the program is maintained.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship: Neither the Workshop nor any Workshop Material creates or evidences an attorney-client relationship between yourself and the instructor, Ian Foster, or PES LLC. The Workshop and the Workshop Material should not be seen as a substitute for advice from your attorney. Should you require legal advice, you will contact a licensed attorney in your area.
- No Representations for Other Organizations. The statements and material presented in the Workshop represent the opinions of Ian Foster alone, and do not represent the opinions of any other individual or entity, including but not limited to Golden Health Initiative. You will not hold any other individual or entity responsible for representations made during the Workshop by Ian Foster.
- Intellectual Property: The Workshop and Workshop Material are the work product and intellectual property of PES LLC. Purchasing the Workshop gives you the right to attend the Workshop's online training, watch the Workshop recordings, and use the Workshop Material for your own business purposes only. You will not give, sell, loan, or otherwise transfer the Workshop Material in any form to any other person or entity. You also will not portray yourself as the creator or owner of the Workshop Material.
- No Outcome Guaranteed: You understand and acknowledge that the law can be subtle, complicated, and differ from place to place. You further understand that all decisions in life and business come with a degree of risk and no outcome is certain. Therefore, PES LLC cannot promise or guarantee any particular outcome or result from your participation in the Workshop, and you will not hold PES LLC liable for the failure to attain any desired outcome or result from your participation in the Workshop.
- Liability Waiver: You agree that PES LLC will not be held liable for any damages or losses that you may incur, whether personal or business, as a direct or indirect result of actions or decisions that you take or do not take (a) in response to attending the Workshop, (b) in response to reading, using, and/or misusing any of the Workshop Material, or (c) in response to any advice, answers, summaries, or action items that PES LLC may supply to you during the course of the Workshop.
- Indemnity: You will indemnify PES LLC against any and all liability to third parties arising from actions or decisions you take or do not take (a) in response to attending the Workshop, (b) in response to reading, using, and/or misusing any of the Workshop Material, or (c) in response to any advice, answers, summaries, or action items that PES LLC may supply to you during the course of the Workshop.
- Confidentiality: PES LLC takes reasonable steps to keep your payment information secure. Otherwise, PES LLC makes no promise of confidentiality.
- Consent to Recording: You understand that the Workshop will be recorded in audio and video format and you consent to such recordings. The recordings may be used for marketing, sales, and quality control purposes. You are solely responsible for how you appear and/or sound on the calls and recordings. You agree to wear appropriate attire and to attend the calls in a location which is reasonably quiet and private. You will not use any virtual backgrounds containing any logos or other trademarked or copyrighted material that you do not own. If you use a virtual background containing trademarked, copyrighted, or proprietary material that you own, you hereby grant PES LLC an irrevocable license to display such material in the call recordings. You waive any right to demand edits of the recordings or to limited how PES LLC uses the recordings.
- Respectful Behavior: You agree to be respectful to other Workshop participants. You will treat your fellow Workshop participants with common courtesy and respect everyone's privacy and confidentiality. PES LLC has the right to dismiss you from the Workshop with no notice if you are disrespectful or disruptive during the Workshop, or if you violate another participant's confidentiality. You also agree to hold PES LLC harmless should another participant violate your confidentiality.
- Miscellaneous Terms: